Thursday, February 14, 2013

Student Success Statement

Student Success Statement 
"So often, in our quest to be more popular and to be part of the "in-group," we lose sight of things that are far more important." 
Sean Covey 

What this quote means is that we lose ourselves upon personal objectives to fulfill. We then lose what we intentionally intended to do. The human brain doesn't remember everything, so we lose track of what we had to do. So most humans seek popularity often forget about their real friends from the beginning. An example could be of my good friend Christian V. He was one of my best friends. He then tried out for basketball. And our friendship slowly faded. Now I see him only in my classes. I used hangout with him during lunch,  but now that he is part of the team I really don't anymore. So, he wanted to be in the "in-group" and he became popular. And we slowly still till this day, our friendship fades. So hopefully Christian V. you know who you are, I hope you actually read this and say "what's up!"

No comments:

Post a Comment