Wednesday, November 7, 2012

WHAT IS POVERTY?

What is Poverty?

Noun. The state or condition of having little or no money goods or means of support; condition of being poor. Synonyms: neediness, destitution, indigence, pauperism, penury. Antonyms: riches, wealth, plenty.


Quick-write: 
Answer the following questions using complete sentences ans support your answers with examples and details:

Where do you see poverty in your community?

I have not seen poverty in this community. But I have seen poverty in other cities such as the ones near downtown Los Angeles. Such as East Los Angeles.

Think about the facts and statistics we discussed. What did you already know? 

The facts and statistics I am going to have to agree with them because it is very true. In my opinion I think that us Hispanics need tom step it up in order to be successful people I this society. We are the most culture that is in poverty.


What surprised you?

What really surprised me was that us Hispanics are the lowest, and we are the neediest culture out of the three that we talked about. In my opinion, I would of thought that the African-American culture would be the lowest culture in need out all. And also I would think that most whites would not be compared to the other cultures. I would think they woul not even be in poverty. I am guessing only a few whites are in poverty compared to all the other cultures. 

No comments:

Post a Comment